Abby Gitlitz - Don't Play With Glass
You’ve been warned since you were small not to play with glass. It’s sharp, it’s fragile, and you’ll get hurt if it breaks. Abby Gitlitz, founder of The Bloomington Creative Glass Center (BCGC), agrees. You’ll get hurt if it breaks, and you can count on it breaking if you blow glass. You’ll get burnt too. But it won’t be a big hurt, and you’ll learn to make art using the medium you’ve been scared of since before you can remember.
Hit play if you want to hear about:
- magical realism
- apocalyptic literature and art
- glass pumpkins
- the science of blown glass, and more.
- Shine Insurance
- Station Eleven
- Welcome to Night Vale
- The NeverEnding Story
- Great Glass Pumpkin Patch
- Bay Area Glass Institute
- The MIT Glass Lab
- Monroe County Public Library (MCPL)
- Switchyard Park
Special thanks to Abby Gitlitz for sharing her story with us
- Host - Jeremy Goodrich
- Music Production - Mark Vinten
- Audio Editing - Christopher Lang
- Copy Editing - Talia Chakraborty
If you enjoyed this episode, stick around:
- SUBSCRIBE to Scratch Entrepreneur on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify or wherever you catch your podcasts.
- REVIEW the show and SHARE with friends.
- Connect with us! JOIN the Scratch Entrepreneur Group so we can make it Facebook official.
Thanks for listening!
Want insurance without the headache? We’re here for you.
More great stories & information at:Youtube - Blog - Podcast Facebook - Twitter