Editing Your Podcast Interview For Content
How do you decide if something should stay in your podcast episode? For when I listen to the question I asked, I look for:
1. When did their response start to actually answer the question I asked.
2. Is it a good answer? Does it deliver value?
Today I play some clips of Sean Evans from Hot Ones being interviews by Drew Barrymore the actress turned talk show host.SPONSOR: SCHOOL OF PODCASTING
- Get the best equipment for your budget
- Sound professional
- Learn what your audience wants
- Network with brilliant podcast minds
- Private Group Coaching
- Priority Email Support
- 30 Day Money-back Guarantee
The guest provides an answer and you have a similar situation that will answer for the second time your question. Was the answer from the guest so unclear that you need to repeat what is essentially the same point? If not, remove your story. The interview is about the guest (not you).Avoid the Back Story
Sometimes we provide some back story so the guest understands the motivation behind the question. Many times the audience doesn't need to hear the back story. You can edit it out and just leave the partDon't Forget to Ask a Question?
I find it off that Drew Barrymore often does not ask a question. She says nice things about the guest and just stops.June 2021 Question(s) of the Month
1. What would the ultimate podcast community look like to you? (This will remain between you and me).
2. What are your top pet peaves? (this will be public)
Don't forget to provide:
The name of your show/ The website. A brief description
Go to www.schoolofpodcasting.com/question by 6/25/2021Need Help With Your Editing?
Check out Affordable Audio EditingWhere I Will Be
Spark Christian Podcast Conference June 22-24 2021Grapevine, TX
Podcast Movement Nashville Aug 306 20201
Thanks for sharing this show with a friendMentioned In This Episode
Last Week Tonight on Paid Placement (with their Fake Product)