047: Mastering Team Member Retention with Sarah Fox
Have you found yourself in a place where it’s time to grow your team and you don’t know where to start? Or maybe you already have the team but you want to figure out how to make everything work better?
In this episode, I was joined by my friend and client Sarah Fox. Sarah is the Founder of the Bookish Fox, a book editing and coaching agency. We explored a few different topics in this episode around building your team (and of course we got into some of my biggest questions around writing a book too).
Sarah shares lessons she’s learned as she’s grown her team, how she’s evolved her standard operating procedure (SOP) process (she swears by the fact that SOPs only take 5 minutes and can save you 5 hours), and obstacles people face when writing their book. If you’re ready to grow your team or have any interest in becoming an author, you’ll definitely want to take notes!
What’s in this episode:
- What Sarah does as the founder of a book editing and coaching agency
- The moment when she knew she needed to hire a team
- What she credits to having her team stick around long term
- Lessons she’s learned from bringing on team members
- Her advice to service providers who want to write a book
- Biggest obstacles people face when writing their book
- How to schedule time into your day to get your book done
- What writing a non-fiction book can do for you as a done-for-you service-based business
For full show notes, resources, and links, head to https://nicolejacksonmiller.com/047
Enjoyed this episode? Then make sure to join us in my free Facebook Group so we can continue the conversation! Request free access at https://www.facebook.com/groups/serviceprovidersthatscale/.
Want to know when new episodes are released? Subscribe on your platform of choice so you can learn all of the scaling strategies I’m implementing in my own business and with my clients.