Slow Down to Speed Up: Burnout & the Inherent Vulnerability of Entrepreneurship
So I took a little hiatus...and I'm explaining why and being transparent about some of the things I've been experiencing behind the scenes because I believe it's important to normalize this. Especially in 2020, because nearly everyone I've spoken with in the past couple of months has either been nearing burnout or already in the middle of it.
It's never been so important to care for yourself and your mental health, and to be kind to yourself. And sometimes that's going to mean needing to take a step back. Slow down, in order to speed up later. And also simply slowing down for the sake of slowing down, because that's ok too, without some end goal of pushing harder later on.
We're also discussing:
- How vulnerability is inherent to entrepreneurship as you open yourself up for judgement every single day
- The power of momentum and using it to your advantage...while still caring for yourself first and foremost
- Trusting and surrender to the process
- Understanding that when your creativity and energy are drained, it's not a permanent condition. But it *is* a sign you need to slow the F down.
- Giving yourself permission to rest.
- The fact that you don't owe the Internet or anyone else an explanation when you need to take a step back to care for yourself.
Cora-Lynn Hazelwood (coming on the podcast very soon!)
Questions? Comments? Want to connect and chat about this episode? You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or DM me over on Instagram @emilygoughcoach or Facebook at Emily Gough Coaching. I would absolutely love to connect with you and thank you for listening in real life and here any takeaways you had from this or other episodes!. It makes me day to see you listening to the podcast and fills me up with pure joy. Seriously. See you on the ‘gram!
Find Emily Online: