How to Maximise Research Impact?
How can researchers boost their scientific discoveries for the benefit of our broader society?
This virtual event was part of National Science Week and was recorded on the 21st August 2020.
Designed primarily for research staff and students, this event was centred on a hypothetical scenario where a researcher, Dr Vaishnavi Ananthanarayanan from the Indian Institute of Science, was seeking opportunities to boost the impact of a scientific discovery. Five experts from different specialties, ranging from academia, publishing and commercialisation, made their pitches:
- Marcel Dinger, Head of School and Professor at the School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences at UNSW, will represent academia
- Justin Gooding, editor-in-chief of ACS Sensors, will represent publishing
- Julio Ribeiro CEO of Inventia Life Science will be our start-up founder and entrepreneur
- Natasha Rawlings investment manager at Uniseed will be our early-stage investor
- Marthe D’Ombrain, Senior Director and Head Global Research Innovation at CSL, will represent the giant global biotech company
On-call is Nicholas Milne, Engineer, Patent and Trade-Mark Attorney at Patentec. Nicholas was here to answer any questions about Intellectual Property. Experts called on Nicholas when they needed any clarification about Intellectual Property.
In the final act, Erin Rayment, Chair of Knowledge Commercialisation Australasia and Director Engagement at the Queensland University of Technology, brought her expertise and experience to help our researcher clarify impacts.
Which pathway did the researcher follow?
You can also watch the video here.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.