Alison Donaghey: From Victim to Freedom: The Domino Effect of our Thoughts
Are you aware of the consequences of your thoughts?
There is a double-edged sword to everything, so every movement that we are involved with has a positive and a negative. We have to be careful which side we attach ourselves to.
When we understand our worthiness, then we can actually stop being a victim.
Alison is the radio host of the Alison Donaghey show. She's also the author of the International Best Seller, "Think Opposite: Using the Domino Effect to Change your Business, Change the world." She is a cause and effect strategist and her latest project is called, "My part: accepting our part in every situation that we find ourselves in, which brings us to the place of true empowerment, with a goal to see ourselves as part of humanity as a whole rather than dividing it into victims and victimizers, oppressed and oppressors, thus moving toward understanding the inherent value of everyone.”
Alison says that if somebody is being nasty to her, her response is usually, "Do you need a hug?” because she believes that when somebody is reacting like that, they are probably in pain.
Offering them a hug melts everything else and they either go away or they take your hug.
Listen to Episode 4 of Rejuvenaging, to learn how to let go of your victim state and gain freedom and peace.
Questions I ask:
- How did your journey come about to being this advocate for humanity as a whole and for having people look at the other side to some extent? (03:12)
- If somebody goes through your course, what are some of the steps that they'll take and how do you graduate from it? (09:30)
- How does it look like when you really feel worthy? (16:06)
- Where does domino thinking come from? (24:35)
In this episode, you will learn:
- Alison’s story about being sexually assaulted in high school. (04:18)
- The age we can begin to think in terms of, „I do have control over my life”. (06:42)
- How you can react after you get the awareness that you’re not a victim. (13:19)
- Alison’s advice for people who have been unsatisfied that they’re not meeting their potential. (19:31)
Connect with Alison:
- Domino Thinking Podcast
- My part course
- The Alison Donaghey Show
- Book: Think Opposite: Using the Domino Effect to Change Your Business, Change the world
- Facebook Page
- Website: www.thementalhealthgym.com
- Book: Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.