Episode 72 - BONUS - Real Conversation on the Kelly Skar Podcast
Gary guests on Real Conversation with Kelly Skar! This bonus episode features Gary on the other side of the mic, and they chatted about mindset, motivation, an overview of real estate fundamentals, and how you can innovate during a time of crisis!
What you'll learn:
- How you can design your own life…what you want to earn, how much vacation time you want? etc.
- Finding and understanding your ‘why’
- Understanding real estate fundamentals
- How Gary’s financial situation pushed him into real estate, but looking at the Andex chart
- Why credit encourages you to spend more than you make
- Consolidation debts can lead to frequent maxing of debts
- You NEED to find a way to make money while you sleep, or you’ll always be working FOR money!
- Real estate investing helps you make money 24/7/365
- Gary doesn’t necessarily LIKE real estate investing, but it gives him the freedom to do other things
- As mentioned before, start as SOON as you can…
- Picking the right neighbourhoods to invest in
- Population growth is one fundamental
- Income growth in the area is another
- Vacancy rates in the neighbourhood is another
- Infrastructure in the neighbourhood - new highways, etc is the final one
- Why Gary invests in an area before he recommends it to his clients
- How does The Secret mean to Gary?
- What gratitude helps during difficult times
- Commercial real estate is changing day by day
- More massive changes are coming
- How the real estate industry is changing due to the current situation, and will these changes become permanent
- While realtors need to embrace these changes and expand services with video, etc
- Why having a little cash on hand is not a bad idea
- And MORE!
My family is my everything, as you can see we are a bunch of dorks that love to have fun.
My philosophy on helping my clients buy and sell real estate is that things don't have to be serious all the time, the journey can be fun and we have to remember the destination.....your new home.
No matter if you are buying or selling a home, I have you covered on every aspect of the transaction from inspectors to lawyers to mortgage brokers to stagers and handypeople (I am pretty sure I just made that word up).
I have been selling real estate for 13 years, I am a HUGE Green Bay Packers fan, I love to play golf (poorly), camp, hike and spend time on vacation in either Hawaii or Fairmont, BC.
Please a leave a review, as it helps Gary understand if he’s bringing on the right guests that you want to hear from!
Interested in learning more about Real Estate Investing? Visit https://www.smarthomechoice.ca