What Steps Do I Need to Take When Selling My House?
Tony is off in Aruba in the sunshine. He claims to be working. This week Rick and Kathy talk about the steps you need to take when selling your property.
They discuss a variety of topics including:
- Today is National red head day
- Kathy lives in a very loud house
- Don’t sign your purchase and sale agreement before consulting your attorney
- In Massachusetts, the offer is a binding contract
- What things should be included in the offer?
- Should I get a broker when selling my house?
- What happens during the purchase and sale phase?
- Your spouse will need to sign away his or her Homestead rights
- Do a title search very early in the process
- If you need a Title V certificate, get that done early
- Get your smoke detector certificates
- Bill for municipal services like town water need to be paid up to date
- For condos, you need a certificate that shows you have no outstanding common fees
- Make sure you have a moving company lined up
- On the day of closing, the property needs to be in “broom clean” condition
- You need to make sure the closing disclosure is accurate
- What are tax stamps and how much do I need to pay?
If you need a Real Estate Team that can walk you through the purchase of your new home start with Carter Law offices. All that and much more on this week’s episode of Real Estate House Party recorded this and every week at The Studio 21 Podcast Café and hosted on The United Podcast Network!