Brooke Wells on What it Takes to be a Top CrossFit Athlete PH170
Six-time CrossFit Games athlete Brooke Wells was just 19 when she qualified for her first CrossFit Games in 2015, and she's competed at every CrossFit Games since, always placing inside the top 20. This year, at the 2020 CrossFit Games, Brooke earned her best finish yet, placing 5th amongst an elite field of competitors.
When Brooke started CrossFit, she had a natural gift for strength and lifting heavy weights. Combine that with a background in track and gymnastics, plus several years of hard work to improve on her weaknesses, and Brooke has become an incredibly well-rounded athlete who is a consistent podium threat. In Stage 1 of the 2020 CrossFit Games, she finished in the top 10 on every event, proving there are very few holes in her game.
Looking ahead to the 2021 season, she's excited to start improving upon her strength numbers again and to inch her way up the leaderboard even further.
She's also excited to be surrounding herself with a training community to help her achieve that goal. Brooke recently relocated from Tulsa to Nashville and has teamed up with several other high level athletes including Will Morad, Alec Smith and Streat Horner to form an environment where she can be challenged to give her best with each session.
In Brooke's second appearance on the podcast, we caught up just a week after Stage 2 of the 2020 CrossFit Games to talk about her experience at the 2020 Games, her plans for the 2021 season, and the legacy she hopes to leave on CrossFit.
In this episode we discuss:
- Areas where Brooke feels she has grown the most over the past 6 years
- Her 2020 training season
- How Brooke decided to move to Nashville
- Brooke’s approach to preparing for Stage 1 and Stage 2 of the 2020 CrossFit Games
- Her typical daily routine
- Brooke's experience at Stage 2 of the CrossFit Games
- Her impressions on the changes in leadership within CrossFit HQ
- How Brooke is preparing for the 2021 training season
- How she plans to spend her downtime during the off-season
- The legacy Brooke hopes to leave on CrossFit
- Three things Brooke does on a regular basis that have the biggest positive impact on her health
- One thing she thinks could have a big impact on her health, but she has a hard time implementing
- What a healthy life looks like to Brooke
- Brooke Wells is Ready to Make History
- Brooke Wells - 2020 CrossFit Games Preview
- CrossFit Trivium
- New Morning Mercies
If you like this episode, please subscribe to Pursuing Health on iTunes and give it a rating. I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #PursuingHealth. I look forward to bringing you future episodes with inspiring individuals and ideas about health every other Tuesday.
Disclaimer: This podcast is for general information only, and does not provide medical advice. We recommend that you seek assistance from your personal physician for any health conditions or concerns.