EP26: Social Media Marketing With Mari Smith
On the Profitable Joyful Consulting podcast, I teach you how to increase your profits and enjoy your business more. In this episode, you’ll learn how to grow your business through social media marketing with Mari Smith.
Often referred to as the Queen of Facebook, Mari Smith is widely known as the premier Facebook marketing expert and a top social media thought leader. Mari is a top keynote speaker, corporate social media strategist and brand ambassador for numerous leading organizations. She's also an expert webinar leader, live webcast host, author of The New Relationship Marketing and coauthor of Facebook Marketing An Hour a Day.
Mari and I spoke frankly about the challenges consultants face sharing on social media and about the ethical dilemma posed by Facebook.
Key areas discussed in this episode:
- Mari got on Facebook in 2007 and has been doing online marketing since 1998. She shares the story of a video platform she became a brand ambassador and how she manages client expectations and results.
- How to build your business brand on social media (without living in a glass bowl and sharing everything).
- Your brand is the experience that people have when they come in contact with your branding. Mari shares the ratio she uses for content sharing on her personal and business pages, and how she makes her pages reflect her values.
- Many people are leaving Facebook and are conflicted about just doing anything that's associated with Facebook. Mari shares her perspective about being on Facebook and staying in integrity.
- Relationship marketing and how it’s applicable to any social medium.
- How Mari’s consulting, speaking, brand ambassador, and course clients find her.
- Trends she sees coming for social media marketing in the fairly near to mid-term.
Listen to this episode wherever you get podcasts or click here to listen and subscribe: https://enlightenedmarketing.com/podcast/.
Connect with Mari by joining her Social Scoop Facebook group here.