EP25: Gary Ware on the Business of Breakthrough Play
On the Profitable Joyful Consulting podcast, I teach you how to increase your profits and enjoy your business more. In this episode, you’ll learn how to use play - yes, PLAY - to become more creative, achieve your goals, and experience more joy in your business.
Of all the consulting niches I’ve come across, Strategic Play Consultant Gary Ware’s is my favorite! He joins me to share his experience helping clients with team building and problem-solving through “purposeful play” — something that’s missing from most of our adult lives.
You might be thinking…”I don’t have time for play.” Well, Gary says you’re looking at play through the wrong lens. Play and creativity are muscles. They’re skills that we can develop.
In addition to fun creative ideas for improving your work and home life, you’ll hear Gary bringing in the science to support making these changes.
Key areas covered in this episode:
- Gary shares the breakthrough experience his client had when he played a game with their sales team.
- What Purposeful play us and why it matters (including an amazing fact about the benefits of play for the brain).
- How games reveal people’s true nature and what you can learn about yourself and others through them.
- Play might not be exactly what you think it is. You can use play in your business — and we talk about how.
- 3 intrinsic and 3 external motivators, and how tapping into the intrinsic motivators helps you achieve your goals.
- Gary works with some impressive Blue-Chip companies. He shares how he got a foot in the door (and how he’s pivoted and adapted this year with COVID-19).
Catch this episode:
📺 On YouTube.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Primed to Perform: The Science of Total Motivation, by Neel Doshi and Lindsay McGregor
- SuperBetter: A Revolutionary Approach to Getting Stronger, Happier, Braver and More Resilient - Powered by the Science of Games, by Jane McGonigal
- Choose Yourself: Be Happy, Make Millions, Live the Dream, by James Altucher