EP24: Stop The Revenue Rollercoaster
On the Profitable Joyful Consulting podcast, I teach you how to increase your profits and enjoy your business more. In this episode, you’ll learn how to stop the revenue rollercoaster.
You'll never be able to grow your business joyfully if you're constantly fighting the peaks and valleys of feast and famine.
I see the revenue rollercoaster happening with people like my client Liz. Liz has many small clients and one huge client. After closing that huge client, she’d coast for so long that she’d start to feel the famine.
Another client, Katie, had a really great spring and signed on tons of new business. Busy with delivery, her firm then fell into a lull, and that lull is starting to really stress her out.
In this episode, I’m sharing why the revenue rollercoaster happens in our businesses and what we can do about it. Key areas discussed in this episode:
- Not getting clients even though you really want some? I share how to know if you’ve unknowingly put a virtual “closed” sign on your business.
- Which bad habits actually cultivate the feast or famine cycle.
- 3 changes to make in your business if you want to stop the revenue rollercoaster for good
- How to know if you’re spending too much time on the wrong activities (like client delivery!)
- Marketing is not an event. You need ongoing marketing in order to have a steady stream of clients flowing into your business. I talk about how to create and nurture that flow.
If you want to build a business with a steady, incoming flow of new clients all the time, listen to this episode wherever you get podcasts or click here to listen and subscribe: https://enlightenedmarketing.com/podcast/.