EP19: Results that Get More Clients
On the Profitable Joyful Consulting podcast, I teach you how to increase your profits and enjoy your business more. In this episode, you’ll learn how to build your business by getting results for your clients.
Years ago when I was in the third year of my consulting business, I was taking a marketing class. One of the assignments was to write down some success stories.
I was horrified to realize that I didn't have any success stories.
And the reason I didn't have them? My clients weren’t unhappy, but they weren’t implementing the work. When I followed up with them to find out how things were going, they would say, “Oh, well, ah, you know. Yeah, thanks. That was great. Our priorities have changed. We're working on something else right now.”
Realizing that was both frustrating and eye-opening. I started to dedicate myself to ensuring that if I started a project, it was going to have success at the end of it.
That caused me to learn a lot about what it really takes to get results.
I’m known for helping people add $100K to their business in a single offer. I'm known for turning $400K proposals into $800K yeses. I’m known for helping a client add $600K in the first year of working with me, for helping another who was charging $5,000 per client before and now has just sold another $6,000 per month engagement. I could go on and on.
I'm talking about the results that I'm getting for my clients and that my clients are getting through working with me. That is what builds my business, and it does more than almost any marketing messaging that I can do.
Key areas discussed in this episode:
- Three essential ways to get better results for your clients.
- The one thing to do that almost guarantees you’ll get a successful result.
- You need to set and manage expectations to set your client up for success. I share when to start setting those expectations (it’s sooner than you think) and how to manage them.
- What an episode of the Dog Whisperer taught me about getting successful outcomes for our clients (weird, but hugely important!).
- How to use the results you get with your clients to grow your business.
Listen to this episode to grow your business with great results wherever you get podcasts or click here to listen and subscribe: https://enlightenedmarketing.com/podcast/.