Ep. 5 Real Food For Pregnancy with Lily Nichols RDN
Lily Nichols Registered Dietician and Nutritionist and best selling author of Real Food for Pregnancy joins me to chat about the huge and ever evolving field of prepartum and postpartum nutrition. Lily is extremely research based and she is passionate about getting the word out to everyone about real food. We discuss a lot of things and yet only scratch the surface. Topics included:
- Myths of nutrition for pregnancy
- A need for nutritional standard revision especially for pregnant and postpartum women (US and Australia have many similarities)
- The importance of good saturated fats
- Many extremely important nutrients such as B12, Glycine, Choline, Vit K12, Iron, Zinc, DHA, Vit A - the crucial role they play and where to find some of them
- Traditional fertility wisdom, Nourishing Traditions & Western A. Price
- Postpartum health, nutrition, mental health, community supports, cultural care
- Epi genetics, how what your Great Grand Mother ate impacts you and how your health now not only impacts your children but future generations
Lily's Website - Real Food for Pregnancy, theres a bunch of resources, freebies and great blog!
Australian Book retailers:
Mentioned in podcast:
I HAVE NO AFFILIATE LINKS TO ANY OF THE ABOVE. It is all for purely informational purposes and not intended to replace medical and nutritional advice, rather to guide you to enquire further to invest in your own health.
The contents of this podcast do not constitute medical or professional advice, do not reflect the opinions of this business, any of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, or advertising agencies, and do not create any type of patient-physician relationship or other professional relationship between the audience and presenters. No person viewing any podcast from this website should act or refrain from acting on the basis of the content of a podcast without first seeking appropriate professional advice and/or counselling, nor shall the information be used as a substitute for professional advice and/or counselling. Pollination Mamas expressly disclaims any and all liability relating to any actions taken or not taken based on any or all contents of this site.