Nev Hyman of NevHouse
In this episode of Plastics Revolution, host Tammy Ven Dange chats with Nev Hyman of NevHouse. Nev started his career shaping surfboards for the world’s best surfers. Along the way, he even sold a company to famous professional surfer, Kelly Slater.
So, how did this surfboard maker get into building homes from recycled plastic? That’s exactly what we talk about in this show, as well as, Nev’s future plans.
You can read the highlights of this episode on Tammy’s blog with quotes and further information.Credits
Hosted by Tammy Ven Dange Produced by Jonny Puskas Theme Music by Joseph McDade All Rights Reserved 2020Topics from this episode:
- 0:00 | Intro
- 00 | How did Nev go from surfer to entrepreneur?
- 03 | Nev packs up and decides to move to the east coast of Australia where some of the biggest surfing events were held and where he starts his next surfboard shaping company called Nev Future Shapes.
- 7:38 | Can you take the “soul” of a surfboard if it’s not made by hand? The creation of Firewire with the help of computer aided design technology, and what does famous surfer Kelly Slater have to do with it now?
- 10:20 | Nev returns to the Future Shape
- 11:01 | How in the world did Nev go from surfboard maker to making homes from recycled plastic?
- 14:38 | The accidental recycler.
- 19:51 | How did he get investors to put money towards this idea.
- 05 | Nev explains the technology behind his homes and how it differs from what Replas does. “It’s not rocket science.”
- 16 | The investment challenge with building a manufacturing facility in Australia.
- 22 | Why NevHouse is a profitable investment.
- 59 | Opportunity Zone Funds in the US. The new Nev Earth Oz Fund that he created there to fund his first plant.
- 11 | Who’s the customer for NevHouse flat pack plastic homes?
- 37 | As for the plastic waste?
- 40:23 | The opportunities for providing disaster relief housing quickly.
- 42:32 | Reach out to Nev if you want to know more about the homes and/or the investment opportunities. Contact details below.