Ep. 297 - Live Your Purpose (And Get Paid) with Katie DePaola of Inner Glow Circle
Build a website in just 5 days (even if you're not techie) at www.free5daywebsitechallenge.com
Learn how to market yourself online without ads, algorithms or spending all your time on social media at www.howtomarketyourselfonline.com
Learn how to get your first web design client at www.startafreelancewebdesignbiz.com
My guest today is Katie DePaola - an entrepreneur, author and the founder of Inner Glow Circle, an accredited training and certification company for women coaches, leaders and entrepreneurs where she’s taught thousands of women how to find their purpose, live it and get paid.
And I’m so excited to have Katie on the show this week because I really resonate with her company’s core values.
- Work for yourself, not by yourself.
- Create the thing you wish existed.
- Say the thing no one else is willing to say.
- Change lives that change other lives.
- Find your GLOW (your greatest level of want).
And this isn’t just marketing-talk. Inner Glow Circle truly lives up to its values.
Katie and I did this interview back in February of 2020, before COVID-19, before everyone in the online space was talking about anti-racism and allyship - and as I was putting together the show notes for this episode I was thinking “I wish this conversation would have happened later because I bet she has a powerful perspective on what’s happening right now...” and I was right.
You can check out Inner Glow Circle’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the coaching space here and a workshop led by one of their graduates, VP Wright on Activism, Allyship and Antiracism in Coaching at http://innerglowcircle.com/activism/
One thing I admire about Katie is that she’s turned her greatest challenges into her greatest opportunities - and says her business is what saved her life.Katie and I talk about:
- Her journey to living her purpose and the creation of Inner Glow Circle
- The truth about what it takes to be an entrepreneur
- Why Katie wanted to scale her business so quickly
- The sneaky ways perfectionism holds us back
- Why you really can live your passion (and make money doing it)
- Her three keys to happiness
- Her best advice for you if you’re struggling to grow your business.
- The one belief Katie had to change about herself to get where she is today.
- “Create the thing that you wish existed in the world.”
- “Serve a person who is ultimately like you - and that's who you create for.”
- “There are people who want to help people, but also want to live really good lives. You don't have to pick, you get to have both.”
- “We are so hard on ourselves, but at the same time, we underestimate what we can do when we get the right support and resources.”
- At Least You Look Good Book
Katie DePaola is an entrepreneur, author and the founder of Inner Glow Circle, an accredited training and certification company for women coaches, leaders and entrepreneurs. Right after starting IGC, Katie lost her brother to an accidental overdose.
Also Lyme Disease survivor, she built her business from her bathtub, growing the company from self-funded startup to million-dollar business. Through certification programs, memberships and online courses, Katie has taught thousands of women how to find their purpose, live it and get paid.
She has a B.S. in Human and Organizational Development from Vanderbilt University and is an ICF Credentialed PCC Coach. She has been featured in TIME Magazine, The Huffington Post, Elite Daily and more.
In her first book, At Least You Look Good (2020), Katie shares her vulnerable (and often funny) reflections on how to deal with the hardest parts of life — and her best advice for how to “glow through what you go through.”Connect with Katie: