Episode 11: Language Access Lessons Learned
Join PCAR staff to learn about language access and the importance of having a language access plan for your organization. We share how PCAR has approached language access, some of the barriers we’ve faced, and what we’ve learned along the way.
For additional resources to create or improve your language access plan, visit:
- LEP Toolkit from Casa de Esperanza and template
- Breaking the Silence: Interpreting for Victim Services Training Manual and Workbook
- APIGBV resources
- Pennsylvania Office for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- PCAR’s Virtual Language Access Institute
- Critical Conversations to Improving Language Access
- Systems Change: What is the role of the advocate when language access is not provided?
- Understanding Culture and Language: A Foundation for Providing Culturally Responsive Services
- Responding to the Language Access Needs of Immigrant Rural Communities
- Language Access Webinar
- Enhancing Language Access for Survivors of Sexual Violence