OB184: In the Bosom of the Bravo
Episode 184 Show Notes
Topic of the show: A pilot explains his decision-making process while experiencing an inflight emergency. We learn how he dealt with air traffic control, flying the plane, and briefing his passengers. Great job, Mike Bravo! We also get an update on the “Mayday Mayday Mayday” episode from earlier this summer.
- 1. Charlie Charlie asked for an update on the engine emergency we discussed on our bonus episode earlier this summer. Audio update!
- 2. Lima Alpha shares some feedback about Pan Pan usage.
- 3. PATRON Echo Charlie shares some feedback about his recent simulator training.
- 4. Mike Kilo shares audio regarding another controller’s efforts to keep planes from colliding.
- PATRON Kilo Foxtrot says thanks for the show!
- PATRON Delta Romeo Hotel asks about remote radio backup battery failures.
- Romeo Mike wants to know our thoughts on what his non pilot passengers can do in order to get help if the pilot becomes incapacitated. Can ATC help?
- Kilo Charlie is working in congested and complicated airspace. What can they do to help ATC?
Mentioned on the show: https://fixingnotams.org/reel-of-telegrams/
Have a great week and thanks for listening! Visit our website at OpposingBases.com You can support our show using Patreon or visiting our support page on the website. Keep the feedback coming, it drives the show! Don’t be shy, use the “Send Audio to AG and RH” button on the website and record an audio message. Or you can send us comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Find us on twitter @opposing_bases. Music by audionautix.com. Third party audio provided by liveatc.net. Friends of the show and maker of bags to protect your ATC headset from dust and germs: ATCSaks.com. Keep the gunk and funk away from your most valuable pilot gear: https://pilotsaks.com/. Legal Notice The hosts of Opposing Bases Air Traffic Talk podcast are speaking on behalf of Opposing Bases, LLC. Opposing Bases, LLC does not represent the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation, or the National Air Traffic Controllers Association. All opinions expressed in the show are for entertainment purposes only. There is no nexus between Opposing Bases, LLC and the FAA or NATCA. All episodes are the property of Opposing Bases, LLC and shall not be recorded or transcribed without express written consent. For official guidance on laws and regulations, refer to your local Flight Standards District Office or Certified Flight Instructor. Opposing Bases, LLC offers this podcast to promote aviation safety and enhance the knowledge of its listeners but makes no guarantees to listeners regarding accuracy or legal applications.