Virtual Filmmaking (with Cinematography Database’s Matt Workman) GCS243
The future of filmmaking is here and it's virtual! Learn what it takes to be a virtual filmmaker and how productions such as The Mandalorian are using this virtual technology now. Cinematography Database's Matt Workman comes on the show to talk all about it.
Matt and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss how the COVID-19 pandemic ushered in a new way of virtual filmmaking, what you need to get started with virtual productions, the challenges you may face, and so much more!
- Best microphone for podcasting (02:03)
- How COVID-19 has brought virtual filmmaking mainstream (04:11)
- Matt's experience with virtual filmmaking (06:49)
- How The Mandalorian used virtual filmmaking (09:28)
- Aspects of virtual filmmaking you can control (15:35)
- How to monitor virtual filmmaking (19:06)
- Challenges of virtual filmmaking (23:35)
- Getting started with virtual filmmaking (36:43)
- Finding virtual filmmaking studios (41:05)
- Using green screen with virtual filmmaking (45:46)
- Finding virtual sets (50:07)
- Offering virtual filmmaking to clients (52:33)
- And more!
Go Creative Show is supported by:MZed - Education for Creatives Subscribe + Follow Go Creative Show