The Plot Against America Cinematography (with Martin Ahlgren) GCS236
Martin and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss his use of deep focus to create a believable alternative history, and the perfect camera/lens combination to achieve the unique look. Plus the challenges of filming car scenes, changing camera movement throughout the series, shooting day for night, and more!
- Visually creating an alternative history piece (02:56)
- Having a period piece not feel sentimental (11:12)
- Choosing the perfect camera and lens pair for deep focus (13:06)
- Shooting with deep focus (18:42)
- Accommodations for lighting a period piece (29:45)
- Building practical backgrounds on set (34:56)
- Challenges of filming car scenes (37:51)
- Changing camera movement throughout the series (44:37)
- Martins approach to using a LUT (46:30)
- Shooting Day for Night (50:09)
- Martin's most challenging scene to film (56:15)
- And more!
Go Creative Show is supported by:MZed - Education for Creatives PostLab - Stress-free collaboration for Final Cut Pro X Subscribe + Follow Go Creative Show