Pieces of a Woman Cinematography (with Benjamin Loeb) GCS257
PIECES OF A WOMAN cinematographer Benjamin Loeb discusses how he shot the films most controversial scene - a 20-minute single take of a mother's home birth. Plus capturing the stunning performances by Vanessa Kirby and Shia LaBeouf.
Benjamin and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss his unique camera movement, nontraditional coverage, having the camera "react" to characters, his first experience with shooting on a gimbal, and more!
- Unique approach to camera movement (01:03)
- Filming the birth scene on a gimbal (08:54)
- Character blocking and camera reacting (14:12)
- Challenges of filming in a real house (19:00)
- Small camera crew for birth scene (22:17)
- Lighting a 20 minute scene (27:44)
- Not having Boston feel stereotypical (32:12)
- Having nontraditional coverage (36:50)
- Lighting and filming the pre-dinner scene (42:35)
- Color grading based off painters (45:24)
- Filming the ending apple tree scene (49:40)
- And more!
Go Creative Show is supported by:MZed - Education for Creatives Subscribe + Follow Go Creative Show
Follow Connor Crosby (producer)