Mulan Cinematography (with Mandy Walker ASC ACS) GCS237
Mandy and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, break down Mulan's epic battle scenes, gender roles in cinematography, the perfect camera and lens combination for the film, using custom specialty lenses to draw focus, and more!
- Having this version be different from the animated classic (03:23)
- Visual inspiration from Chinese culture and films (08:56)
- Filming the great battle avalanche scene (14:46)
- Filming Mulan differently as a man vs woman (26:08)
- Filming the locked-down tracking shots (30:32)
- Prep to film battle scenes (34:27)
- Crafting and testing custom lenses (35:19)
- Lighting in a quick but effective way (42:07)
- Benefits of using a base LUT (50:05)
- Challenge of lighting for moonlight (53:19)
- Returning to work during the pandemic (56:07)
- And more!
Go Creative Show is supported by:MZed - Education for Creatives PostLab - Stress-free collaboration for Final Cut Pro X Subscribe + Follow Go Creative Show