Designing Netflix's Space Force (with Susie Mancini) GCS226
Susie and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss the quick turnaround she had when designing the Space Force base, her collaboration with the director and other departments, getting access to Elon Musk's SpaceX, referencing North Korean architecture, and so much more!
- The process designing for comedies (01:45)
- Designing the brutalist-style Space Force base (07:57)
- Collaborating with directors (24:11)
- Getting access to Elon Musk's SpaceX base (32:07)
- Working with actor John Malkovich (40:22)
- Referencing North Korean architecture (48:27)
- Collaborating with camera, lighting, and set departments (53:32)
- Difference between art director and production designer (58:25)
- How Hollywood is resuming after COVID-19 (01:01:17)
- And more!
Go Creative Show is supported by:MZed - Education for Creatives PostLab - Stress-free collaboration for Final Cut Pro X Subscribe + Follow Go Creative Show