Camera Operating for Steven Spielberg (with Mitch Dubin SOC ACO) GCS238
Legendary camera operator Mitch Dubin SOC ACO has worked with Steven Spielberg on 17 films and he shares his experience with us!
- Defining the role of a camera operator (02:13)
- Working with legendary director Steven Spielberg (04:58)
- Relationship with director vs DP (17:19)
- How to prep for camera operating (22:50)
- Shoot schedule for a camera operator (26:17)
- How to stay out of the talent’s way (29:07)
- Providing your own camera operating style (31:45)
- Filming Saving Private Ryan (35:47)
- Why type of camera doesn’t matter (44:25)
- Shifting from film to digital (46:06)
- Filming during COVID-19 (47:26)
- Filming the new West Side Story (51:22)
- And more!
Go Creative Show is supported by:MZed - Education for Creatives PostLab - Stress-free collaboration for Final Cut Pro X Subscribe + Follow Go Creative Show