Missiology Podcast S1E6: With Scott Sunquist
In this episode, host Martin Rodriguez sits down with Scott Sunquist, President & Professor of Missiology at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, to discuss his experiences in missiology and his hopes for its future.Our Guest
Scott W. Sunquist began his presidency at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in October 2019. For the previous eight years, Dr. Sunquist served as the Dean of Intercultural Studies and Professor of World Christianity at Fuller Seminary. Prior to this, he taught for seventeen years at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary. He is an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (USA). Dr. Sunquist and his wife, Nancy, served as missionaries in the Republic of Singapore from 1987–1995, where he was the pastor of Covenant Presbyterian Church and lecturer in church history, ecumenics, and Asian Christianity at Trinity Theological College. Before this, he was a campus staff member with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship in Virginia and Massachusetts.
He received his B.A. in History Education from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill; his M.Div. (Summa cum Laude) from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary; and his Ph.D. from Princeton Theological Seminary. In 2017, he was the Senior Scholar in Residence at the Overseas Ministries Study Center, New Haven, CT.Publications Mentioned
- David J. Bosch. Transforming Mission: Paradigm Shifts in Theology of Mission. American Society of Missiology Series 16. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 1991.
- Scott W. Sunquist. David Wu Chu Sing, John Chew Hiang Chea, eds. A Dictionary of Asian Christianity. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2001.
- Stott W. Sunquist. Understanding Christian Mission: Participation in Suffering and Glory. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2013.
- Andrew Scott. Scatter: Go Therefore and Take Your Job With You. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2016.
- Scott W. Sunquist. Why Church?: A Basic Introduction. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic, 2019.
Hosted by Martin Rodriguez
Produced by Greg McKinzie