#019: Entrepreneur Filmmaker Sebastian Thiel Talks YouTube, Leverage & Accountability
Sebastian Thiel is an Award Winning Filmmaker & Digital Social Entrepreneur and founder of Upshot Entertainment, a Film production company. Thiel has featured on TEDx Talks, was listed in the Top 25 Under 25 most influential Londoners by Evening Standard, and recently had a new show, “Just A Couple” feature on BBC3.
In this Podcast we discuss ( SPOILER ALERT )
- [02:33] An introduction to Sebastian Thiel
- [04:40] About “Just A Couple”
- [05:55] We learn about Sebastian’s back story
- [07:40] How Sebastian grew a T-Shirt business with the help of celebrities and influencers
- [12:20] Was formal education instrumental to Sebastian’s growth?
- [14:45] Should you learn your craft from YouTube or at School?
- [16:00] How Sebastian transitioned into film making
- [19:20] The business structure of Upshot Entertainment
- [20:25] An example of how you can use YouTube content, as an advert to attract clients
- [23:16] How you can make money from YouTube
- [24:30] What is winning on YouTube right now?
- [27:30] An example of how building leverage, can help you to get inbound proposals
- [30:00] To be a filmmaker, should you create content first, or a production company to make that content?
- [32:50] How public speaking can help position you as an authority within your space
- [39:40] Why you should learn how to use Social Media for your business
- [37:00] A person who inspires Sebastian
- [38:00] What Sebastian wishes he knew, before he started
- [42:20] Story telling advice to help improve your brand message
- [46:05] How making statements publicly, can help you to be accountable
- How you can use YouTube content, as an advert to attract clients
- How public speaking can help position you as an authority within your space
- Why making statements publicly, can help you to be accountable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_jATst-xtk&t=8sLinks and resources mentioned
- More from Sebastian Thiel
- Recommended viewing
How to improve the work ethic in your business.
Put out a statement to the public, stating a challenge or project you are working on, and keep people posted on the updates.
Tweet #DiversityAllStar to discuss the show on twitter.