Minecraft Education Edition 2018 Updates LIVE from ISTE
In this episode of the Microsoft Innovative Expert: Spotlight Series Podcast, Jeff sits down with Sara Cornish and Trish Cloud from the Minecraft Education team at the Microsoft Education booth. The big announcement at this years ISTE Conference revolved around the two new updates for Minecraft Education Edition.
- Minecraft Aquatic EditionFiling the oceans of Minecraft with marine life
- Constructing underwater ships and coral reefs.
- How do you “code” a coral reef?
- What is Minecraft and how can we use it in the classroom?
- An open world game that uses the imagination using unlimited materials
- Minecraft Education Website
- Integrating Minecraft into your curriculum
- How to setup Minecraft servers for your classroom
- Minecraft EDU vs Minecraft Commercial
- Using Minecraft as an assessment tool
- How to “live the history” of your lessons through Minecraft
- What can I find on the Minecraft Education website?
- Finding Lessons and Resources
- Aligning Minecraft to the Standards
This week, the Microsoft Education team released brand new lesson plans to help teachers “dive in.”
https://www.facebook.com/microsoftineducation/What’s New In Microsoft EDU
Check out the latest episodes of What’s New in Microsoft EDU
- What’s New for Microsoft Education
- What’s New in Office 365
- What’s New in Minecraft: Education Edition
Join us for another #MSFTEduChat TweetMeet on August 21st at 10 a.m. PDT. This will be a live Twitter chat focused on assisting educators and IT on school and classroom setup in preparation for the new school year. Stay tuned for more info!
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIEAudio
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIEVideo
- Show Notes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIESpotlight
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools
Trish has been working with Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools for ten years first as a Technology teacher at Grand Oak Elementary now as Coordinator of School Partnerships at the district level. She began with a Minecraft club seven years ago and has been growing the use of Minecraft: Education Editon across curriculum ever since. She is a Global Minecraft Mentor, MIE, and Google Certified Educator. You can find her on Twitter and Instagram @trishcloudLinks of interest
- Minecraft Education
- Minecraft Educator Community
- Minecraft Mentors
- Minecraft Mentor Application
- 101 Ideas for Minecraft Learners (Videos)
- How to Survive your First Night of Minecraft (Video)
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (http://www.teachercast.net/appspotlight)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at [8:00] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv