Created with Sketch.
78 minutes | Jan 3, 2021
Meers in Conversation: COVID, Social Media and Mental Health
Join Dr. Huma Khan, Dr. Rabia Nazir, and Dr. Fozia as they take a round up of the year...
7 minutes | May 7, 2018
Glacial Ice -what is the future? Part I
Fresh water accounts for only 3% of global water resources. Remaining 97% is sea water that contains salt and is unfit for drinking and agriculture. Out of the 3% freshwater available 2.5% is in frozen form in glaciers and arctic ice. Most of this water is stored in aquifers, followed by rainfall falling, natural lakes, man-made storage facilities and rivers. Even this little water that is available for human consumption is not evenly distributed around the world.
9 minutes | Apr 23, 2018
Fozia Tahir discuses sexual education.
8 minutes | Feb 24, 2018
Infatuation with aesthetic experience
In this episode, Fozia Tahir discuses the use of makeup. Is there a right age to start wearing makeup? Why is it so important for some professionals to wear makeup at all times like the air hostesses? Has the overuse of makeup led to feeling of inadequacy among women? Has this beauty obsession had led to decline in self esteem? Are people aware of how much money they waste on makeup and how heavy these beauty products are on their pocket? Read the blog post: https://meerekarwan.wordpress.com/2018/02/24/infatuation-with-aesthetic-experience/
5 minutes | Feb 12, 2018
What does Dowry mean? Jahez or Mehr
Written and narrated by: Rabia Nazir "The literal meaning of dowry stands as ‘gift or present’. In a south-Asian society, dowry is referred to as a collection of household items, jewellery, and cash given as gift to the bride by her family at the time of marriage..."
6 minutes | Jan 28, 2018
Sexual Violence against Children
Shook by the recent incident of Zainab in Pakistan, Huma Riaz Khan has penned down this article for our followers. More blogs to continue. Keep listening..
7 minutes | Dec 16, 2017
A fair deal
The second blog post on the series 'financial standing of women in islam' is now available. The author has questioned the ideas governing the women's inheritance rights in our society. Do feel free to share, comment and write back to us
3 minutes | Dec 5, 2017
Sexual Harrasment: Me too
by: Fozia Parveen
7 minutes | Oct 15, 2017
The right of a muslim lady on her own income
The right of a muslim lady on her own income. Meer-e-Karwan podcast series.
6 minutes | Sep 24, 2017
Student's movements, police crackdowns and Kang's Human Acts
The mechanisms of coping with bereavement are complex in the most anticipated of situations and the effects of a death upon the living friends and family are often permanent. So in the context of death that is brutal, unnecessary and avoidable – acceptance and coping can become next to impossible with a lasting and disabling aftermath upon the living relatives and friends. Weaving the stories of various lives affected by one death as well as giving an insight into her connection to the historical narrative – Kang poses a fundamental question to her readership – what is humanity? The novel is based on the backdrop of the Gwangju uprising of May 1980, where students and other civilians protesting for democracy were repressed and purged by the military – with the death toll argued to be above 2000. This podcast is a brief introduction to the text of this novel, a historical background in which the story is set and more than anything – it is an imploration to the audience of Meer e Karwan to pick up this book and reflect. Reflect on the sanctity of universities as intellectual spaces; on the duty of Governing institutes towards its citizens; the moral accountability of external Governments in providing financial and arms to carry out these operations; and more fundamentally, reflect on what humanity is and its meanings in the contemporary society, where the modern world is riddled with conflict, war and disaster.
7 minutes | Sep 10, 2017
World suicide prevention day
First of the Meer-e-Karwan series. Stay tuned!
Terms of Service
Your Privacy Choices
© Stitcher 2023