Strategies and Models
What is the difference between a strategy and a model? Listen as Pam and Kim give clear examples from both elementary and high school content to demonstrate the importance of developing strategy and communicate strategy through models. They provide clear, easy to follow insights so everyone can understand the purpose of models in constructing and communicating strategy.
- Shout-out to Clay! Clay uses powerful additive reasoning when he uses his understanding of place value to add large numbers. Let us know about someone mathy in your life!
- New Problem String videos!
- What is a strategy? What is a model?
- Which is more important, models or strategies?
- Why are models so important in classrooms?
- Can anyone "do" a number line?