One Thing Mathy People Do
In this episode Pam and Kim share one of their favorite instructional routines: I Have, You Need. They discuss some of the most common patterns that mathmaticians play with, partners of 10, 100, and 1000. These "partners of ___ " patterns pop up everywhere! You'll never guess where they pop up daily for Pam (hint: its when she's the most worked up).
Try out I Have, You Need with your friends, colleagues, and students! A quick way to build anyone's reasoning abilities and to help us all become better mathematicians.
Download the guide to playing I Have, You Need HERE
Find the transcript for this episode HERE
- We can all be "mathy people"
- What Kim thinks when she hears the number 36
- The routine that made the biggest impact on Pam's college students
- Taking ownership of your students' progression
- I Have, You Need resolves the subtracting across zero horror
- How I Have, You Need applies to middle and high school students