045 – David Marimon of Catchoom – From One Picture, The World
David Marimon, PhD, CEO & Co-founder of Catchoom (easy, flexible, reliable tools for branded mobile apps and websites.) joins Stephanie Benedetto and Samanta Cortes on location at NRF Big Show 2018 in New York. MouthMedia Network is powered by Sennheiser.In this episode:
- Taking a picture and allowing the tech to translate info on what it is, including type of fabric and more
- How there are a lot of data and marketplaces which manage more and more products from different brands, and they don’t have time to create all the descriptions
- How those brands and marketplaces can do better job, more efficiently, training a system with AI with all aspects, type of sleeves, collar, neck, finish, etc.
- Machine learning is a component – as the AI fails as people can fail, then the system learns and gets better and better than humans, and learning from its own mistakes and making corrections, then doesn’t make the same mistake as often
- Also, static page of advertisement, but hovering over it with the iPad it became 3D and content and story from a piece of paper with Augmented Reality
- Connecting online with the physical and what’s on the shelves
- It is about making the connection
- The pattern itself in the image is the code, the image must be designed to contain it and be recognized
- Various use cases and partners, how Catchoom has special focus on recognition of objects, different than others on scalability and reach
- Running a pilot is one thing, but afterwards both vendor and brand want to be more successful
- Measuring results, why one shouldn’t just implement a solution from an innovation perspective, but instead think about how it can increase business
- A lot more people search by camera — even smaller businesses should be thinking about how people can purchase by taking a photo of a product
- Vendors are eager to help brands do better
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.