Episode 208: Understanding Thiol Precursor in Hops & Malt
We catch up with a guy who's been studying thiols since before most of us understood why they matter. If you're chasing tropical flavors in beer, this episode is a must listen.
Special Guest: Laurent DAGAN.
- A-060: Identification of new odorless thiol precursors in hops and malts — Brewing Summit 2018
- A-026: Thiols in beer: Key information to balance beer profile — Brewing Summit 2018
- Presentation 47: Hops (Humulus lupulus) provide important sources of thiol precursors: A key ingredient to obtain fruity beers — 2016 World Brewing Congress
- Poster 143: First evidence of cysteinylated and glutathionylated precursors of 3-mercaptohexan-1-ol in malts: Toward a better aromatic potential management? — 2016 World Brewing Congress
- Upcoming Events - Master Brewers Calendar
- 2021 Master Brewers Conference — Oct 28-30 | Hilton Cleveland
- Join Master Brewers — Use promo code BEER2021 to save 20% on dues
- Abstract Submissions Now Open! — 2021 Master Brewers Conference