Building a Martial Arts School with Freedom
In this episode of the Martial Arts Business Podcast, Gordon discusses the importance of building a martial arts school with freedom. As a business owner, you don’t have to be hands-on all the time. You can have your own time doing the more valuable tasks if you choose to leverage it. That’s right, let the more skilled people do some of your tasks, so you can focus more on growing your Martial Arts School!
The first step in getting back your freedom is to ask yourself: What am I doing every single day in my business? Then, it’s time to list down your answers—every single thing you do every minute of every single day should be jotted down! This will help you determine what tasks are to be leveraged and not.
Discover more about this and how this can help when you listen in!
- Religiously account for everything that you do every single day in your business. Use the diary to compute how many hours are wasted. Try exchanging them with more valuable tasks.
- Listing everything else down is extremely valuable. You can clearly see what is and what isn’t working in your martial arts school. It can be a great help to you in making the right decisions.
- Most likely, some tasks are meant to be leveraged. We feel drained after work because sometimes, work isn’t really at par with our capabilities and expectations. It’s either you know for yourself that you can do something much better or there is someone out there who can do it much better than you.
- There will be more important things that you can do with your time. Let others do the less important tasks of yours—like the operational and administrative tasks.
- Have you thought for yourself that maybe you aren’t really busy? you just don’t use your time wisely?
- Choose freedom. Leverage other people, so you can have your time to think more about how you can grow your business.
- “Having choices is very important.”
- “Time is one thing that we can’t get back.”
- “Most people spend a lot of time on little things that compound over a period of time which are not productive.”
- “Get very clear on the things you dislike in your business, on what you’re battling in every business, and on what you want to get done.”
ABOUT THE HOST
Gordon Burcham is a best-selling author, 3 x World martial arts champion, and award-winning Martial arts school owner. He has helped 1000s of Martial arts schools grow and has over 20 years of experience running martial arts schools.
Gordon has been training, teaching, and working in the Martial Arts industry for nearly twenty-five years. After earning his first black belt, he went on to win three consecutive World Titles against guys half his age. In 1998, in the midst of his competitive career, he launched his own dojo which still runs today. After retiring from the competitions, he decided to focus more on helping others in the MA business while still running his club.
Burcham has trained with industry giants like Alfie Lewis and developed his street-smart business attitude working with top business coaches. He is now considered one of the foremost authorities on peak performance in the business side of the MA industry. He has proven his techniques work through the transformation in his own personal life, athletic career, and business as well as those of his coaching clients. Burcham teaches that success is the result of forming good habits and moving forward.
He is a real-life success story going from bullied school kid to earning multiple world titles, and his MA school is currently one of the most successful in the UK. Gordon loves self-development and helping others, enjoys travel and family time. He is now learning how to fly planes and pursuing a speaking career!
Learn How to Become Black belt in Business.
Learn -Develop - grow and you will succeed.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.