Zarina Stanford — Why is this piece of content important? Always ask ‘Why.’
Zarina Stanford is the CMO of Syniti. She has managed aspects of marketing at some of the world’s largest, most well-known brands (SAP, IBM) around the globe. She is a recognized change agent who spearheads business and transformational initiatives through imagining the possible. Zarina strikes a great balance between the strategy and execution required to drive high-performance marketing in B2B. She received the distinction of “Woman of the Decade in Technology and Innovation” at the Women Economic Forum in 2018.
- [2:30] Why did Zarina make the leap to become a C-level executive?
- [5:10] Always ask the question ‘Why’ when developing content.
- [6:50] How did Zarina’s career in sales prepare her for her marketing career?
- [8:50] What’s the one thing, professionally, that Zarina wished she had more time for?
- [11:00] Aside from Magical, what other words would Zarina use to describe the ‘M’ in Content Marketing.
- [13:30] What are the steps you need to take to create an amazing story?
- [18:40] In today’s world, CMOs can’t just be thinking about marketing. They need to expand their horizons.
- [21:25] Zarina explains the value of creativity in marketing.
- [24:40] Zarina shares why she made the switch and joined Syniti.
- [39:20] You cannot drive demand without having a strong brand, a strong awareness, and a strong reputation.
- [31:30] North American marketers seem to struggle in Europe and Asia; why is that?
- [35:30] What are some of the marketing practices that are very effective in Asia that marketers in North America aren’t using?
- [41:55] How did Zarina become an advocate for more women in STEM positions?
- [44:55] How does Zarina unplug from work?
- [46:15] What’s next for Zarina?
Mentioned in This Episode: