How to Prepare and Give a Speech that People Will Remember with Bob Kulhan | #25
Ep #25: When you know your work, and your craft, share it with everyone. Let other people know about you and what you do.
In this episode, Bob Kulhan shares how to prepare and give a speech that people will remember.
Bob is the Founder, President, and CEO of Business Improv, a world-class leader in creating experiential training and development programs for corporations of all scopes and sizes.
As a performer, Bob has over 21 years worth of stage credits. He was an actor with Chicago’s famed Second City and was the first core faculty of The Second City Training Center.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:22] About the episode and Bob Kulhan
- [01:49] Bob shares his journey from being in improvisation and sketch comedy to building a business.
- [03:21] Speeches are another medium for communication
- [04:26] Look for the opportunities to give the speech
- [05:27] How to pick the topic for the public speech
- [08:18] How to prepare for a speech
- [10:43] Prepare the bullets of your speech so you will remember the key points of the speech
- [11:45] What to do if you prepared for the speech, but got distracted during the speech on the stage
- [15:19] Make it simple when you prepare for a speech
- [17:07] Before you give a speech in front of the big audience start small such a practicing your speech in front of the wall, then invite friends to listen to you
- [18:59] How to give a speech that people will remember
- [20:48] What to do it you got too nervous on the stage so you don’t remember anything and don’t know what to say next
- [21:46] How to find the opportunities to give a speech that may benefit your business
- [23:51] How to close the speech with the business call to action
- [25:40] People want to hear from you and you don’t have to be perfect
- [26:18] Practice one thing and get good in that then start with another one
- [28:28] Four steps to prepare and give a speech
- [30:11] Where to find Bob Kulhan online
- [30:55] For the show notes go to IntNetworkPlus.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
Let’s get in touch: