278 - The 5 Stages of Engagement & Accountability - Part 2 - Mediocrity Vs. Excellence
In the last episode, we reviewed the first three stages of engagement: crisis, survival, and security. Most people get stuck in those first two stages, engaging with a chronic stress response that makes upward momentum seem insurmountable for most of their lives. And if they eventually reach the stage of security, it can feel so comfortable that they settle in.
But for those of us that don’t want to settle, or for those of us that don’t feel comfortable with security, there are two more stages: Thrival and Flow.
In this episode, I’ll talk about making these critical transitions, especially as it relates to your level of accountability and the accountability of those who you manage.
Take the course:
Learn more about the Five Stages of Engagement model:
- Ep 90: The Five Stages of Engagement – Part One – Crisis
- Ep 91: The Five Stages of Engagement – Part Two – Survival
- Ep 92: The Five Stage of Engagement - Part Three - Security
- Ep 93: The Five Stages of Engagement - Part Four - Thrival
- Ep 94: The Five Stages of Engagement - Part Five - Flow
I’d love your feedback. Click here to leave a rating & review for the show on Apple Podcasts.