#90: What First Day Of School Activities Should I Use? - A Math Mentoring Moment
That there is Whitney Becker - a middle school math teacher from Alabama. Whitney joined us to discuss what activities are great on the first day of school to show students what we as teachers value instead of just going over the rules and syllabus.
This is another Math Mentoring Moment episode where we talk with a member of the Math Moment Maker Community who is working through struggles and together we brainstorm possible next steps and strategies to overcome them.
- What activities should I use on the first day of school?
- How do I show my students what I value early in the course?
- What activities are good for group work?
- Should we do a math activity on the first day?
- Cell Phone Problem From Illustrative Math
- What Do You Do On The First Day Of School? - Dan Meyer
- Name Tents
- How To Start The School Year Off Right / Episode 36
- 100 Numbers To Get Students Talking
- Stacking Paper
- R2D2 - MrOrr-isageek.com
- Hot Chocolate Unit
- Take the Make Math Moments From A Distance Course for FREE with the First 30 days on us.