The Staging Game, What to Repair, & Online Markets
Money can’t buy you taste, and buyers don’t want your problems.
Understand why bad staging or shoddy repair jobs can cut your bottom line.
Zillow, Realtor.com, and Trulia have filters that have changed the real estate game and the way that buyers can shop for a home.
In this episode, Erich Cabe shares his knowledge on staying ahead of the competition.
***IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL DISCOVER***
- How consumers search for properties using automated search data [3:20]
- What kind of physical preparation do you need to sell a home [6:45]
- As a seller, go out and look at competitive properties [8:30]
- Pay for a designer/stager [8:50]
- Understand the expectations of the buyers [10:35]
- Multiple offer strategies as a buyer or listing agent [14:33]
- The benefit of appointment only listings for luxury real estate [26:40]
- “You need money on the table to leave money on the table.” - Erich Cabe
- “To overprice and overshoot the mark, you’ll end up selling for a lot less.” - Erich Cabe
- “Buyers don’t want your problems.” - Rob Jensen
- “Money can’t buy you taste” - Rob Jensen
***ABOUT THIS WEEK'S GUEST***
Erich Cabe grew up in the ski industry and spent the first few decades of his life tackling challenging summits apace with world class athletes. Managing 135 instructors as the owner of a ski and snowboard school in Hidden Valley, PA, Erich took advantage of the chance to fine-tune his interpersonal communication skills and develop long-standing relationships with clients and colleagues alike.
In the mid 1990’s, an opportunity for change led Erich to the mid-Atlantic where he pursued his real estate license to navigate the buying and selling of his own real estate investments. Soon after, his help was sought by friends who were disenchanted by their own experiences. Offering expert advice and guidance through the challenges of the real estate market quickly expanded to become the thriving referral-based business that flourishes today.
***GET IN TOUCH WITH ERIC CABE***
***ABOUT THE SHOW***
Welcome to Luxury Real Estate Talk, where you get expert advice on buying and selling Luxury Real Estate.
Learn from the best and brightest real estate agents, brokers, and other professionals, as they share real-life stories about the art and business of listing, marketing, selling, and buying high-end homes.
Through casual but insightful conversations, the Talk’s host Rob Jensen will help you master your understanding of the luxury real estate market.
Rob is the President and Owner/Broker of the Rob Jensen Company, which specializes in working with buyers and sellers in guard gated communities in Summerlin, Las Vegas, and Henderson, Nevada.
Rob's 15+ years of local industry expertise have made him a sought after real estate expert source with the media. He’s served as a guest commentator for numerous national broadcast television networks including MSNBC and BRAVO. He has also provided content and commentary to The Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com, BusinessWeek.com, the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Real Estate Executive magazine, Growing Wealth magazine, and the Los Angeles Times, among others. Additionally, Rob has penned a recurring monthly real estate column for the Las Vegas Business Press.