Dating an Addict: Work it Out or Leave?
Welcome to episode 222 of the Love Live Connection podcast, Dating an Addict
I am addressing a topic that is often not talked about enough: addiction. My caller today is in a relationship with someone who has an addiction and is unsure about how to move forward. We dig into her inner child wounds and the parallels between her relationship with her mom and her boyfriend. We also talk about the re-mothering she needs to do so she can heal the heartbreak and avoid falling into the pattern of attracting someone else she can try to heal her mom void with.
2:05 - Confronting the stigma around addiction
5:40 - Tiffani presents her question about her boyfriend’s addiction
7:50 - We dig into Tiffani’s family history of her mother’s addiction problem
13:07 - How Tiffani’s current relationship is like being in a relationship with her mom all over again
18:20 - Why Tiffani is holding on to the relationship
24:58 - My guidance and advice for Tiffani
26:57 - Tiffani talks about what she’s learned from our conversation
29:47 - I wrap up my conversation with Tiffani
35:14 - Two key takeaways from my call with TiffaniAfter you listen to this episode, here are your next steps:
- Check out my brand new free workshop The 5-Step Strategy To Banish Anxiety and Overwhelm in Your Love Life
- If you are interested in my two-week course, Crappy to Happy, to help you quickly discover your love blocks so that you can clear them and find love, without having to spend years in therapy sign up here
- To learn more about quitting something and the sunken cost related to it, check out my episode Quit Happens
- To sign up to be on the waiting list for my brand new workshop, Your Conscious Online Dating Blueprint, where we work to align your inner work and the outer strategy, sign up here
- If you would like more information on my free zoom calls, follow me on Instagram or sign up to my email list on my website
- Ready to explore what working with me is like? Learn more here.
- Interested in being coached on the Love Live Connection? Learn more here.
- Are we connected on Instagram? Come tell me WHO you are here!
- If you get value from the Love Life Connection, please rate & review it on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking + it’ll help other women find our community!