MTP8: Creating a Life to Travel More, Spend Less, & Be More Adventurous w/ Matt Wilson
Matt Wilson is Co-founder and CEO of the travel company for people ages 21-35 Under30Experiences, and author of The Millennial Travel Guidebook. Under30Experiences has been named number 801 on the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America and number 198 on Financial Times 1000 list of America's Fastest-Growing Companies.
Matt was formerly the co-founder of the media site Under30CEO (Acquired 2016) and is the Host of the Live Different Podcast on business, travel, health, and performance. He has interviewed everyone from NBA Legend Kareem Abdul Jabbar to the President of Starbucks. Matt's writing is published in Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and The Huffington Post, and he is part of the invite-only Young Entrepreneurs' Council (YEC) comprised of the world's most successful entrepreneurs 40 and younger.
Matt is a shareholder of the Green Bay Packers. He hosts yoga and fitness retreats in his free time and his personal mission is to help people live more adventurous lives.
In today’s episode we turn the tables and James Boobar of Alitpassage interviews Matt to talk about The Millennial Travel Guidebook.
Discussed in this episode of The Millennial Travel Podcast:
- The future of travel and Under30Experiences during COVID-19
- How Elon Musk’s gigafactory will affect Austin, Texas
- Transitioning from New York to Costa Rica and Turkey where both Matt and James lived as expats
- How Under30Experiences started in Iceland
- How travel gives people a better understanding of what they want in life
- How the Millennial Travel Guidebook is more about life, making sure peoples dreams do not get “deferred”
- How people can get over their fear of traveling and have difficult conversations with loved ones
- How globalization affects the travel experience, and why you may want to consider seeing experiences outside what you can find at home.
- Why to stop being busy and start living!
You can find all the links and show notes on millennialtravelpodcast.com
Direct support for The Millennial Travel Podcast comes from The Millennial Travel Guidebook: Escape More, Spend Less, & Make Travel a Priority in Your Life
... and from our new USA hiking and camping trips at Under30Experiences!