EP99: Jessica Procini on 3 Tips to Escape from Emotional Eating
Most wellness and health coaches are aware of what foods are considered healthy and which foods don’t make the cut. However, when it comes to eating healthy, not everyone understands the important differences between physical hunger and emotional hunger. I’ve invited Jessica Procini to share 3 tips to help you really dive deep into the “why” of your hunger and learn the importance of eating with integrity so you can escape from emotional eating.
More about Jessica Procini:
Jessica Procini is an Emotional Eating Healer and the founder of Escape From Emotional Eating®. She is on a mission to help others use food as fuel rather than a way to cope, soothe or escape their busy, stressful life. She consciously created and specifically designed Escape From Emotional Eating from her own emotional eating journey because Overeaters Anonymous didn’t resonate and therapy wasn’t enough when it came to getting help to fully end her fight with food. Now being 100% free from her compulsions with food, she helps others do the same through her levels of support, such as her retreats called The ESCAPE, her year-long transformational programs and through her various public talks, events and workshops.Jessica has been awarded the “Top Health Coach Award” by the Institute of Psychology of Eating three years in a row and has been featured on various media outlets such as CBS, Philadelphia Magazine and MindBodyGreen, just to name a few. To learn more about her visit EscapeFromEmotionalEating.com
In this episode, Lisa and Jessica share:
- What emotional eating is and how Jessica discovered her passion to help people escape from emotional eating
- How to recognize if you might be an emotional eater (even if you’re eating “healthy” food)
- Why Jessica believes being legally covered can help you feel safe
- The importance of being “emotionally fit”
- 3 tips to help you start reducing emotional eating
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid of foods that “trigger” you
- When to ask yourself “What am I really hungry for?”
- What it means to “eat for your integrity” and how exactly to do that
Is using food to cope, soothe or escape holding you back? Take this free quiz and find out what to do about it: EscapeFromEmotionalEating.com
Resources:Easy Legal Steps - download the first book chapter free!