The Amazon for fashion merchants with Aadi Vaidya COO Zillingo
Zilingo is the top beauty and lifestyle marketplace allowing smaller merchants from Southeast Asia without an online presence to list their items for sale direct to consumer. It has raised Series D funding of $226 million nearing almost 1 billion valuation.
Discover more details here.
Some of the highlights of the episode:
- Aadi's journey from banking to e-commerce.
- How Zilingo started- aggregating fashion merchants in ASEAN.
- Biggest challenges for small businesses in the industry- sourcing and financial services.
- The growth of B2B vs B2C
- How you can find 20 logistics partners to work with you on B2C, but on B2B probably there are 2 players.
- “We want to remove these middlemen and ensure only the right people or the people who add value stays in the supply chain.”
- How an IoT system could reduce the risk of pilferage - 5% to 10% of cargo can end up as lost items.
- "I think people need to be mature faster, absorb better and lead better."
Support the show (https://www.alcottglobal.com/category/podcast/)