Michael Farlekas President & Chief Executive Officer of E2open
Michael Farlekas joined E2open in 2015 as President & Chief Executive Officer. In this role, he is responsible for leading the company’s overall operations, with direct oversight of sales, marketing, professional services, research and development, and strategy. Michael brings to E2open more than 20 years of sales, marketing, and leadership experience in supply chain management and enterprise software.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, E2open employs more than 2,300 people in across the U.S., Europe and Asia having operations in more 170 countries worldwide.
E2open is bringing together data from customers, distribution channels, suppliers, contract manufacturers, and logistics partners. Their collaborative and agile supply chain platform enables companies to use data in real-time, with artificial intelligence and machine learning to drive smarter decisions.
Serving more than 250 of the largest 2000 enterprises globally across a broad range of industries, including high tech, CPG, industrial manufacturing, pharmaceutical, automotive, aerospace and defense, and oil and gas.
Discover more details here.
Some of the highlights of the episode:
- Why does E2open have over 240k trading partners
- Connecting multiple applications to create one process across the end to end supply chain
- Manufacturers over the past 40 years have transformed themselves into brand owners
- Value add business vs data providing business.
- Building long term roadmaps for clients – from business release 1 to 40
- Growing the business 5x since 2015 from 75 mil USD to 380 mil USD in revenue
- E2open’s hiring and promotion principles