Alan Hellawell Venture Partner at Alpha JWC Ventures
Alan Hellawell is the Venture Partner of Alpha JWC Ventures. Alpha is a successful Indonesia-focused venture capital firm that primarily invests in early-stage tech businesses such as Style Theory, Carro, Kopikenagan, Gudangada and has earned it the moniker of unicorn breeder in a Forbes article.
Prior to this, Alan is also the Chief Strategy Officer at SEA Limited, the parent company of Garena, Shopee, and Airpay, which he was responsible for the overall corporate strategy of the group. Alan was also the managing director of Deutsche Bank prior to SEA Limited and was Deutsche Bank Asia’s #1 ranked analyst for four years running.
Discover more details here.
Some of the highlights of the episode:
- The future of E-commerce in Southeast Asia
- eCommerce in Indonesia – can the market accommodate four major marketplaces
- Will we see consolidation in marketplaces soon
- How long can investors continue to ignore losses in the industry and think equally about EBITDA instead of just top-line growth as a key metrics
- E-commerce platforms switching to in-house delivery
- How a coffee chain became one of the fastest-growing startups in Indonesia
- What do VC firms look for in a pitch deck