#93: Shellye Archambeau Board Director Verizon, Nordstrom, Roper Technologies, Okta
Shellye is an experienced CEO and Board Director with a track record of accomplishments building brands, high-performance teams, and organizations. She currently serves on the boards of Verizon [NYSE:VZ], Nordstrom [NYSE: JWN], Roper Technologies [NYSE: ROP], and Okta [NASDAQ: OKTA]. She is also a strategic advisor to the Royal Bank of Canada, Capital Markets Group and Forbes Ignite.
She is the former CEO of MetricStream, a Silicon Valley-based, governance, risk, and compliance software company that she built into a global market leader with over 1200 employees serving customers around the world. Under her leadership, MetricStream was named in the top 10 of the “Deloitte Technology Fast 50”.
Shellye is a Forbes contributor and has been featured or referenced in major publications such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and The Financial Times. And is the author of Unapologetically Ambitious: Take Risks, Break Barriers and Create Success on Your Own Terms
Discover more details here.
Some of the highlights of the episode:
- Shellye planned to become CEO of IBM and how this led her MetricStream
- Being a board member of multi-billion dollar listed companies - what does it entail and how to get there?
- How to best position yourself, get mentors and plan your career strategically
- Why Shellye decided to write and publish her book, Unapologetically Ambitious
- Stories of how if you don't ask you don't get