#92: Rosemary Coates Executive Director of the Reshoring Institute
Rosemary Coates is the Executive Director of the Reshoring Institute, a Non-Profit collaboration with nine universities across the U.S. She is also the President of Blue Silk Consulting, a Global Supply Chain consultancy. She is an Amazon.com Best Selling author with 5 global supply chain books including: “The Reshoring Guidebook” and “42 Rules for Sourcing and Manufacturing in China” She has been a management consultant for 25 years, helping over 80 global supply chain clients. She serves on the Board of Directors of Kinetic River and the University of San Diego Supply Chain Management Institute. And teaches Global Supply Chain Strategy at UC Berkeley.
Discover more details here.
Some of the highlights of the episode:
- How the manufacturing sector is dealing with the trade war and the pandemic
- Hurdles of moving out of China, pandemic or not
- Case studies – stories of success and failure in reshoring
- Why mathematics is needed in operating production lines
- How politics can affect the phase of decoupling