jaPODCAST – 9: Interview: Tips and Advice from Dave – a longtime Jamaican Expat in Japan
In the last episode, I did an interview with Ariel Mathews who is from the twin-island republic of Trinidad and Tobago. Ariel talked about her experiences as someone arriving fresh in Japan on the JET program. My guest today is Dave Collymore who is somewhat of a celebrity in the Jamaican community here in Japan. Dave is from Jamaica and has been living and working in Japan for a long time.
- How long have you lived in Japan and why did you move here?
- Tell us about Dave Collymore.
- What are some of the things professionally and/or personally that you have achieved since moving to Japan?
- What has been your absolute worse experience living in Japan?
- What has been your absolute best experience living in Japan?
- Any advice to foreigners living in Japan from someone like you who has been a long-term resident?
- Do you see yourself returning to Jamaica eventually?
- When I first visited Japan almost 10 years ago you were very helpful. Is that something you regularly do for Jamaicans coming to Japan?
- Exclusive poetry performance for the jaPODCAST listeners to enjoy!
- Daves projects
Links and information
Tweet me @Jamaipanese or leave a comment below with your thoughts on the episode!