How to find a Dementia Friendly Business
When your loved one suffers from dementia, taking them out can be extremely challenging. Many restaurants and stores are completely unprepared for handling customers with greater care needs, resulting in encounters that range from unpleasant to embarrassing.
But, there is an organization that is out to change that for you and your family.
In today’s episode, dementia-friendly business expert Gail Snyder and I discuss the dementia-friendly business movement, helpful exercise programs that you can do with your loved one, and a game-changing training that helps build empathy for dementia sufferers.
Here Are The Show Highlights:
- Where to find businesses that identify as dementia-friendly (and what it means for your loved one) (4:32)
- How recent events have changed the way dementia-friendly business serve you (6:48)
- A revolutionary exercise program that helps your loved one strengthen their body and brain at the same time (10:05)
- A game-changing training that helps businesses understand what dementia patients go through in order to serve them better (12:35)
- How you can help local businesses you support become dementia-friendly (4:25)
For daily 5-minute mind exercises, head over and like my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hcafortworth/