S1 E5 Pushing Through Your Fear and Grief and Telling Your Story Anyway
On today’s episode, I speak to Debra Lynne Driscoll, author of A Series of Surrenders: A Memoir of Grief.
Debra is an author, grief guide, healer, and speaker who believes we all have access to magic and are our own greatest teachers and healers.
Using intuitive guidance, storytelling and lessons learned in death and grief, Debra will help you to ease your ‘ouch’, unwrap your gifts, and soul expand.
In this episode we discuss:
- How to craft your story to be in service of others
- Your responsibility to sit with people with your story after they’ve read your book
- How grief is a different form of love and how we can learn to sit with her and befriend her
- How to focus on getting your story out, and having mentors and people around you to help you find the balance.
- In the creation of your book, it might hurt a little bit. You will be challenged, but you will also be delighted.
- Books do not have to be written in a linear fashion. Sometimes you need to choose when you will dive into writing the hardest parts of your memoir.
Enjoy the episode!