'The Future of EdTech: Hope, Empathy, and Connection' - S2: Episode 5 with Paige Steffy (Part 2)
Paige Steffy returns for Part 2 of a two-part interview. In this episode, Paige reflects on themes that follow every international student on their journey; hope, empathy, and connection. She’s walked the walk of an international student, and now she’s walking beside them on their student journey as part of Unibuddy. Join us to hear how Paige envisions the future of international students.
- 02:26 - Simon and Paige take a moment to explore the roots of Paige’s last name, ‘Steffy.’
- 03:32 - Why is international education so important to Paige?
- 05:29 - Paige shares how her experience as an international student in the U.K. helped her to be a bridge between cultures in a diverse work environment.
- 09:18 - As someone who’s been on every end of the international student spectrum — what’s unique about Paige’s current placement in the EdTech industry?
- 10:30 - Why are student ambassadors so vital to the decision-making process for prospective students?
- 13:51 - Paige mentions an international student with big dreams at Willamette University who specialized in Aquaponics.
- 18:34 - What is it that gives Paige hope for the next generation of students?
- 20:05 - Paige speaks on why it’s important as adults to foster hope in international students, even if we may not know what they’re going through.
- 21:33 - What does the U.S. international education system do well, and vice-versa?
- 23:28 - Where does Paige see the international student industry going in the next five to ten years?
- 25:01 - Paige shares what she’s most grateful for in her life and career in the international student industry.
Connect With Us
Find our Podcasts here